It started with Camera Work, 1903 to 1917, the sumptuous art review edited by Alfred Stieglitz, available by subscription, with its authentic photographic prints laid out by hand. Then came Aspen, 1965 to 1971, the first magazine in box form, whose 3rdedition was made by Andy Warhol.
The quality and creativity of these legendary publications inspired us to create our own. So we did, with the help of talented artists, passionate professionals and no ordinary photographic lab. Partners that share our values and our unflagging desire to deliver exceptional artwork into your hands.
Since 2013 we’ve been creating limited edition box set of work from the world’s most celebrated photographers and contemporary artists (like JR, Liu Bolin, Joel Meyerowitz, William Klein and Susan Meiselas) and emerging talents (like Juno Calypso, Paul Rousteau, Mathieu César and Théo Gosselin).
ON THE INSIDE
Wombat is published in a numbered limited edition, crafted by hand in our Paris workshops. Inside the box, you’ll find:
- A numbered photographic print,
- A creative portfolio on fine-art paper,
- Editorial content in French and English.
THE WOMBAT MANIFESTO
- See the world differently.
- Raise consciousness through the power of art.
- Publish socially-committed artists.
- Offer an unrivalled art subscription service.
- Push back the limits of photographic publishing.
- Compile a collectible artistic treasure.
- Always do better.
- Limit the number of each box set to 1000.
THE STORY HAS ONLY JUST BEGUN
The legendary Magnum Photos and the Pompidou Centre have already called upon the artisanal savoir-faire of Wombat's workshops. Our art boxes can be found in respected establishments around the world: Foam (Amsterdam), the Helmut Newton Foundation (Berlin), Claire de Rouen Books (London), the Jeu de Paume or the Maison Européenne de la Photographie (Paris), to name a few.
- Receive 4 Wombat art boxes per year (one each quarter) + 1 Special Edition box.
- Discover special cultural offers in each, reserved exclusively for our subscribers.